It’s unbelievable how quickly this summer is going by. I guess we really are having a lot of fun and time is flying! Here’s a short list of things to do before the school year starts up again. Bonus: these ideas also help prep our kids’ heads for coming back into the classroom.
- Challenge: Read three books (one each week). Obviously the size of the book should reflect the level of reader. Shorter books for those just learning and novels for good readers.
- Go for a swim in Thetis Lake. Not only is it warm and adult-temperature friendly, the exercise will give everyone more energy.
- Take out the bikes for a family ride along the Galloping Goose.
- Check out Witty’s Lagoon for nature & beach walks and a great educational centre.
- Hike up Mount Finlayson then wonder around Goldstream.